Assistant Group Financial Accountant (Maternity Leave)
Location : Grange, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Job Type: Full-time, maternity leave
Headquartered in Grange Co.Sligo, SF Engineering is an established manufacturer of turnkey production systems for the consumer foods industry. Operating from locations in Sligo and Cambridgeshire, UK, the company is undergoing rapid expansion to fulfil demand for its highly engineered solutions which combine leading-edge technologies with advanced design methodologies and customer service.
SF Engineering employs 120 people and has customers in over 60 countries, worldwide. The company has a strong track record of growth and the business has been built upon high levels of customer satisfaction, supported by an ambitious sales strategy. Further expansion of the business will be driven by a combination of growth within existing accounts, expansion to new accounts, new geographies, new products and acquisitions.
To support its continued success and ambitious expansion plans, SF is seeking to appoint an Assistant Group Financial Accountant. This role reports to the Group Financial Manager at our headquarters in Grange, Co. Sligo. Working across the company, the Assistant Group Financial Accountant will provide weekly, monthly and yearly information to assist management in controlling and improving the financial results of the group.
This role requires a qualified (or part qualified with relevant experience) accountant who has a competent understanding of management and financial accounting and wishes to progress in a career in industry.
- Revenue reconciliation to trial balance.
- Bank posting & reconciliation of numerous bank accounts (various currencies).
- Deposit management and reconciliation.
- VAT return reconciliation & processing.
- Produce aged debtors listing and statements in a timely manner.
- Actively manage debtors for payments and resolve any debtors’ queries.
- Processing weekly payroll & preparation of monthly returns.
- Monthly management accounts preparation for various entities including analysis & commentary for review with Group Finance Manager.
- Preparation of month end journals and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Preparing weekly / monthly reports comparing actual results vs budgets with appropriate commentary.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified or (Part Qualified – Finalist with relevant experience) Accountant
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced industry environment.
- Pro-active – ability to use initiative, ability to prioritise, organise workflow and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to analyse problems, develop and implement solutions to generate immediate results.
- Positive and flexible attitude with the aptitude to take ownership of work as required and see it through to completion.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive based on the responsibilities.