Location : St Ives Cambridgeshire, UK and Grange, County Sligo, Ireland
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Come and join one of UK & Ireland fastest growing food production line solutions specialists!
For the last 40 years, SF has been delivering advanced food production line solutions, equipment, and after-sales care to the global food industry. Today we employ 120 people across two production sites and have designed, manufactured, and installed food production line solutions for major blue chip food producers in 63 countries.
SF is proud to have a history of sustained growth and expansion. Our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa, the Middle East, Europe and North America and we are continuing to expand into new markets every year. We believe the key to our success can be attributed to our employees who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are building up our Operations team and currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to maximise the performance of our customers’ food processing equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the SF journey and to build and develop your career with a high growth, engineering solutions and capital equipment business.
- Ensuring that customer electrical specifications are within regulation and comply with the relevant standards
- Manage internal electrical / automated developments from concept to introduction ensuring that the development follows the appropriate process, meets the required specifications and is delivered within agreed cost and time constraints
- Testing and troubleshooting electrical systems to identify any problems or defects
- Responsible for providing technical input during the project bidding phase including: specification reviews, drawing reviews and instrumentation selection
- Develop electrical process and procedures to ensure that all projects and designs have full traceability at all stages
- Responsible for developing the required project documentation including: Method of operation, FDS, P&ID development.
- Designing electrical systems and components based on project requirements and specifications
- Conducting feasibility studies and risk assessments to evaluate design options and propose cost-effective solutions
- Work with Project Engineers to ensure all electrical design requirements are in place to achieve timelines to ensure successful project execution
- Liaise between in-house Project Engineer and subcontractors
- Responsible for developing electrical standards, in house education, documentation etc to maximise efficiency from design through purchasing to production
- Control panel manufacturing, testing, commissioning work and assist in start-up of systems including instrumentation configuration and set up, troubleshooting of electrical, and software issues
- By working with manufacturing, installation team, design and projects ensure that any changes made post design are captured and incorporated in future output
- Review product specifications and promote a culture of improvements to electrical standards
- To provide technical support to resolve quality and supply issues originating with electrical / electronic parts and, if necessary, update design and manufacturing specification(s)
- Keeping up to date with advancements in electrical engineering technologies and industry best practices
What we’re looking for:
Don’t feel you meet all the requirements below? Don’t worry! We’re still keen to hear from you. One of our company values is flexible and when it comes to considering candidates who don’t tick every box, we are open-minded. You may have other unique and relevant qualities you could bring to the role, and we offer the opportunity for training and development.
- Degree in Mechatronics / Electrical Trade / Electrical Engineering
- Experience/Knowledge of Industrial Automation & Control, PLC Programming & Configuration
- Experience of Industrial Schematics would be desirable
- Hands on experience within a production environment
- Experience within validation, design, development and testing of automated systems, machinery and equipment
- Knowledge and experience using a variety of problem-solving tools and techniques to diagnose issues and develop solutions to fix them
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant laws and regulations related to electrical systems and ensure that their designs and developments comply with these regulations
- Control panel manufacturing, testing and commissioning work
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills