Location : St Ives Cambridgeshire, UK
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in joining a growing company within Europe’s largest industry, then SF Engineering may be right for you. As one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of products and solutions for the global food industry, a career at SF is beyond what you would expect.
At SF we realise that our employees are one of the keys to our success and this has been recognised with three awards at the Huntingdonshire Business Awards. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed. As a leader in our field, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available, including the role of Electrical Engineer. Reporting to the UK Operations Manager, we are seeking an ambitious and experienced candidate who will organise and drive the electrical activities for the UK site and manage all electrical sub-contractor activity.
This role requires someone who is happy to be hands on and also capable of taking ownership of the whole electrical process within SF. This role will be a key part in the development and growth of the engineering function of the business.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Utilises in depth knowledge and experience to manage and develop all electrical process/procedures, ensuring full compliance with SF and industry standards at all times – highlights risks to Operations Manager and works to find solutions and best practice standards
- Provides technical input at project bidding phase including specification reviews, drawing reviews, instrumentation selection and procurement/pricing, prepares bidding scope documents in relation to E&I installation contractor selection
- Leads by example and provides ongoing support with stakeholders to enhance the SF electrical proposition with sub-contractors, Design, Project, Production and installations teams
- Hands on Electrical work – testing, commissioning, Instrumentation, Configuration – uses knowledge and experience to satisfy industry standards and develop appropriate working practices and risk assessments
- Works in partnership with internal QHS- supports product development in accordance with SF and industry standards
- Develops working relationships with SF Ireland – leads on alignment with both sites on electrical perspective
- Witnesses Electrical and Instrumental configuration and set up, loop checking, troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical and software issues
- Liaises between in-house mechanical project engineers and sub-contractors
- Electrical engineering degree/Technical Trade equivalent, experience with automation
- Proficient in use of electrical drawing and Microsoft Office packages
- Strong communication, analytical, influencing skills, – professional, confident attitude
- Min 3 years’ experience with construction / installation of projects
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the food industry an advantage
- Strong customer facing personality
The successful applicant may be required to work on site for customers as and when the need arises. This may require overnight stays and working away from home weekdays and weekends.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below or alternatively you can email HR@SFEngineering.co.uk