Graduate Design Engineer
Location : St Ives Cambridgeshire, UK
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
COME AND JOIN ONE OF THE UK AND IRELAND’S FASTEST GROWING FOOD SERVICES BUSINESSES!
SF is a leading developer of factory solutions for the global food industry. We design, manufacture and install bespoke manufacturing solutions globally. With manufacturing bases in the UK and Ireland, SF is well positioned to serve both domestic and international customers. SF has a long history of both domestic and export sales into over 60 countries.
SF has a history of sustained growth and expansion and our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa & the Middle East, Europe, North America and we are expanding into new markets every year. At SF our employees are the key to our success, and we look for individuals who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are building up our Design team and currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Design Engineer based at our UK site in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the SF journey and to build and develop your career with a high growth, engineering solutions and capital equipment business.
We value our employees immensely and provide an Employee Assistance Programme from day one offering 24/7 confidential support for employees and their families.
We are unable to offer employment sponsorship for this job role. Applicants should hold the necessary work visa for the UK.
To play a key part of the Design Department ensuring that SF Engineering has a range of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products suitable for the food industry as a stand-alone or full line solution, producing high quality drawing packs for the purpose of manufacture.
- Produce SolidWorks models/drawings working from concepts/layout drawings
- Assist Project Managers in taking live projects from inception to completion
- Design and develop new products for the food processing industry
- Design and develop enhancements to SF’s existing product range
- Production and maintenance of technical documentation as required
- Ensuring products meet all mandatory legislation
- Constant interrogation of product design to identify and implement cost savings and manufacturing/process improvements
- Specification of mechanical components such as belts, motors and pneumatics
- Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience in sheet metal and fabrication desirable
- SolidWorks experience essential
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility with working hours