Location : Grange, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Come and join one of UK & Ireland fastest growing food production line solutions specialists!
For the last 40 years, SF has been delivering advanced food production line solutions, equipment and after-sales care to the global food industry. Today we employ 120 people across two production sites and have designed, manufactured and installed food production line solutions for major blue chip food producers in 63 countries.
SF is proud to have a history of sustained growth and expansion. Our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa, the Middle East, Europe and North America and we are continuing to expand into new markets every year. We believe the key to our success can be attributed to our employees who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are building up our Operations team and currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to work closely with the Sales team and customer to reach an optimum solution and value proposition for our customer.
- Meeting with customers and representing the Company in a professional and commercial manner
- Produce layout drawings that reach optimum solutions to create value added propositions and establish a clear scope of supply for the Customer
- Execute risk assessments for all propositions
- Take ownership for the life of each project from agreed layout to final customer sign off
- Liaise with the Sales Team in managing additional sales revenue from items outside of the original scope of supply
- Liaise with a team of Design Engineers to produce SolidWorks models/drawings working from concepts/layout drawings for the purpose of manufacture ensuring they conform to all mandatory legislation and to the customers’ expectations
- Ensure effective communication within the Projects/Design Team and across the organisation, highlighting project progress/performance
- Manage project cost versus budget to ensure projected profitability is met
- To support other departments where required on issues of a technical nature
- The production and maintenance of technical documentation as required
- Constant interrogation of product design to identify and implement cost savings and manufacturing/process improvements
- Specification of mechanical components such as belts, motors and pneumatics
- Using all above you will take a sold project from the sales department, add the detail necessary to get a customer sign off before presenting to the detailed design team and then following the project through manufacture, install and project closure
What we’re looking for:
Don’t feel you meet all the requirements below? Don’t worry! We’re still keen to hear from you. One of our company values is flexible and when it comes to considering candidates who don’t tick every box, we are open-minded. You may have other unique and relevant qualities you could bring to the role, and we offer the opportunity for training and development.
- Degree educated (ideally in an Engineering discipline) or equivalent experience
- Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment (food industry a distinct advantage)
- Fully conversant with SolidWorks
- Experience with electrical and pneumatic controls
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication a distinct advantage
- Commercially astute
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to simultaneously deliver on multiple projects/commitments, often with tight deadlines
- Strong communication, analytical, and influencing skills
- Detail oriented with a methodical approach
Relevant info about the role:
Willingness and ability to travel and work out of hours/weekends as required with food factory environments – OT available