Location : St Ives Cambridgeshire, UK
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in joining a growing company within Europe’s largest industry, then SF Engineering may be right for you. As one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of products and solutions for the global food industry, a career at SF is beyond what you would expect.
As a leader in our field, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available, including the role of a Project Engineer. Reporting to the UK Engineering Manager, we are seeking ambitious and experienced candidates who will add value to the Projects team.
This role requires someone with a strong engineering background. The role will be a key part of the engineering team and will be integral to the continued growth of the business.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Supports Project Managers from order to delivery – provides technical support to all teams within SF throughout project timelines
- Manages all stakeholder (external & internal) relationships and expectations for smooth project delivery – identifies and takes contingency action, where required
- Uses knowledge and experience to produce layout drawings – identifying and specifying all mechanical/electrical components within the scope of the project
- Uses expertise to support technical issues and develop project process – takes ownership for documenting full traceability
- Uses knowledge for interrogation of product design – identifies and documents cost savings, lean manufacturing/process improvements
- Strong communication, analytical and influencing skills
- Proven experience in a similar Engineering position
- Professional, confident, and mature attitude
- Methodical working approach
- Ability to create AutoCAD and Solidworks drawings
- Driving Licence essential
- Flexible approach to working hours essential
- Prepared to travel and work out of hours/weekends, as required
The successful applicant will be required to work on-site for customers as and when the need arises. This will require overnight stays and working away from home weekdays and weekends.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below or alternatively you can email HR@SFEngineering.co.uk