Senior Design Engineer
Location : Two positions – one in Cambridgeshire in the UK and one in Grange, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
COME AND JOIN ONE OF THE UK AND IRELAND’S FASTEST GROWING FOOD SERVICES BUSINESSES
SF is a leading developer of factory solutions for the global food industry. We design, manufacture and install bespoke manufacturing solutions globally. With manufacturing bases in the UK and Ireland, SF is well positioned to serve both domestic and international customers. SF has a long history of both domestic and export sales into over 60 countries.
SF has a history of sustained growth and expansion and our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa & the Middle East, Europe, North America and we are expanding into new markets every year. At SF our employees are the key to our success, and we look for individuals who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are building up our Design teams and currently have opportunities for Senior Design Engineers for our Cambridgeshire site in the UK and Sligo site in Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the SF journey and to build and develop your career with a high growth, engineering solutions and capital equipment business.
We value our employees immensely and provide an Employee Assistance Programme from day one offering 24/7 confidential support for employees and their families.
To play a key role in the Design Department in ensuring that SF Engineering has a range of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products suitable for the food industry as a stand-alone or full line solution, producing high quality drawing packs for the purpose of manufacture.
- Create 3D parts and assemblies in SolidWorks as per design brief and/or Handover drawing
- Create full manufacturing drawing packs, to include drawings, BOMs, laser profiles, Works Orders and any other files to enable internal or external manufacture of parts
- Complete Design Risk Assessments for all designs
- Create 3D block layouts from 2D data and site measurements as needed
- Use AutoCAD to create and amend 2D drawings
- Participate in reviews of other Design Team member’s work
- Undertake site visits for information gathering and survey
- Customer liaison for design review & approval
- Supplier contact for sourcing and selection of materials and components for designs
- Responsible for the promotion of a Right First-Time culture within the design team
- Responsible for adhering to the standard drawing pack format to maximise efficiency from design through to production
- Review, coordinate and implement standard design practices and procedures for all design operations
- Work with Project Engineers to ensure all design requirements are in place to achieve timelines to ensure successful project execution
- By working with manufacturing, installations and projects ensure that any changes made post design are captured and incorporated in future output
- Work in partnership with QHS to ensure all products are designed in accordance to SF Engineering standards and finished product specification
- Review product specifications and promote a culture of improvements to design standards
- Responsible for ensuring all design output conforms to SF Engineering quality standards
- Sign off at relevant project design gates
- Monitoring designs against budget and reporting of any concerns or anomalies to EM or PM
- Any other duties your manager deems acceptable
- Strong mechanical engineering qualification
- Strong communication
- Professional, confident and mature attitude
- Methodical working approach
- Good customer facing personality
- Very good knowledge of and ability to use AutoCad 2D and SolidWorks 3D to a high level of proficiency is essential
- Proven experience in a Design Engineer position
- Proven experience and knowledge of a fabrication environment
- Flexibility with working hours
- Strong communicator focused on solutions
- Leads by example