Warehouse and Logistics Operative
Location : Grange, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Come and join one of UK & Ireland fastest growing food production line solutions specialists!
For the last 40 years, SF has been delivering advanced food production line solutions, equipment and after-sales care to the global food industry. Today we employ 120 people across two production sites and have designed, manufactured and installed food production line solutions for major blue chip food producers in 63 countries.
SF is proud to have a history of sustained growth and expansion. Our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa, the Middle East, Europe and North America and we are continuing to expand into new markets every year. We believe the key to our success can be attributed to our employees who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are building up our Warehouse and Logistics team and currently have opportunities for a Warehouse & Logistics Operative in our Sligo site to maximise the capabilities of our packaging, shipping and logistics function. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the SF journey and to build and develop your career with a high growth, engineering solutions and capital equipment business.
- Preparation of pallets and/or crates for finished product pending product type and destinations
- Dismantling and preparation of finished product
- Packing and labelling of finished product (pallets/crates/cartons)
- Populating detailed and accurate packing lists (hard & soft copies)
- Safe and secure loading of finished product
- Liaising and planning with relevant Haulage partners to achieve the committed delivery schedule
- Periodically, you may be required to liaise with relevant Haulage partners to retrieve quotations for global destinations
- Ensuring the production areas remain clear of finished product upon completion of the QC process
- Collectively responsible for the quality, completeness and accuracy of packed products and supporting documentation
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
- Contributing to the continuous evaluation of processes ensuring best practice and drive for continuous improvement to maintain the highest standards possible
- Pending project ship dates and departmental capacity; expectation to train/work in other areas of the Business
What we’re looking for:
Don’t feel you meet all the requirements below? Don’t worry! We’re still keen to hear from you. One of our company values is flexible and when it comes to considering candidates who don’t tick every box, we are open-minded. You may have other unique and relevant qualities you could bring to the role, and we offer the opportunity for training and development.
- Relevant experience in a Warehouse/Logistics role
- Carpentry skills an advantage but not essential
- Proficient in the operation of various hand tools (drill/grinder/chop saw/hand saw)
- IT literate (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities whilst delivering on multiple commitments
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Essential tickets – Manual Handling and FLT
- Advantageous tickets (but not essential) – MEWP and Abrasive Wheels
- Must be able to work well on your own or as part of a team using your own initiative and solve problems as they arise
- Highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- High attention to detail and quality