A night of Celebrations for the Meat Industry
The Meat Management Industry Awards are a celebration of the creativity, innovation and excellence of the UK’s meat industry.
The black-tie gala event, was held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 9th September and saw football icon, Kevin Keegan OBE present the winning trophies to manufacturers, supermarkets, industry suppliers, trade organisations, catering butchers and independent retailers from across the UK.
The award winners are determined through reader votes and product entries, along with a select judging panel for product evaluation. A total of 20 accolades were handed out to companies, associations and personalities that struck a chord with readers and judges.
One of the night’s most prestigious awards, Young Manager of the Year, was won by Jade Brewer, account manager red meat at Kepak and presented by our very own Richard Smith.
The 2021 winners in full are:
- The Catering Butcher Award– Owen Taylor & Sons Ltd
- Best Trade Organisation– British Meat Processors Association (BMPA)
- Best Online Business– H Clewlow Butchers
- Best Equipment/Machinery Supplier– Interfood Technology Ltd
- Training Scheme of the Year– M.E.A.T (Ipswich) Ltd
- Young Manager of the Year– Jade Brewer, account manager red meat at Kepak
- Britain’s Best Butcher’s Shop– Dale’s Traditional Butchers – Cumbria
- Supermarket/Multiple Meat Retailer of the Year– Waitrose
- Britain’s Best Sausage– Waitrose 6 British Pork & Caramelised Red Onion Sausages, by Walkers Deli & Sausage Company.
- Britain’s Best Burger– Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference 2 Smoked British Beef Burgers, by Dunbia
- Britain’s Best Meat Pie– Marks & Spencer Large Beef Wellington, by Linden Foods
- Best Bacon Product– Co-op Irresistible Maple Cured Streaky Bacon, by Pilgrim’s UK
- Best Free From Product– Porky Lights’ Lower Fat Sausage, by Porky Whites Limited
- Best Poultry Product– Morrisons Chinese Chicken Stir Fry Meal Kit, by Cranberry Foods / Avara
- Best Beef Product– Asda Extra Special Thick Cut Sirloin Steak, by ABP
- Best Pork/Pigmeat Product– Sainsbury’s Low & Slow Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork Kit, by Cranswick PLC
- Best Lamb Product– Marks & Spencer Master Grill Lamb Cutlets with Garlic and Herb Marinade, by Scotbeef
- Best Red Meat Product– Marks & Spencer Master Grill Lamb Cutlets with Garlic and Herb Marinade, by Scotbeef
- Manufacturer of the Year– Dunbia
- The Meat Management Excellence Award– Rob Smith, UK market director at Danish Crown chairman of PTF.