Optimising OEE with Cost-Effective Ishida Weigh Drive Unit Repairs
Ishida Multihead Weighers bring significant benefits to food production lines, but they require regular maintenance. Specifically, the weigh drive units in Ishida Multihead weighers require regular maintenance in the form of performance reviews and inspections. Where issues are discovered with weight drive units, they then need to be repaired by Ishida-qualified engineers.
Ishida is the industry-leader for Multihead Weigher reliability, but the nature of food processing means various issues can develop over time. For example, seals can fail, leading to water ingress and subsequent damage.
Problems like this can have a significant impact on your production processes and the commitments you have with customers. It is therefore essential to have reliable and cost-effective maintenance and repair support for your Ishida Multihead Weigher and its weigh drive units.
SF Engineering: Ishida’s Servicing and Repair Partner in Ireland
As Ishida’s partner in Ireland, we are fully equipped to repair 1.5 litre, 3 litre, and 5 litre weigh drive units on all models of Multihead Weigher. We also have a test rig at our facility in the northwest, plus our team is trained and has extensive experience in weigh drive unit inspection, testing, and repairs.
Benefits of SF Engineering’s Ishida Multihead Weigher Support Services
- We have an expert in-house team with a test rig set up in our facility
- By sending your weigh drive units to us, your internal team can get on with other essential tasks
- Our team attends regular Ishida training to stay up to date with the latest models, technologies, and best practices
- Carriage costs are significantly lower to send your weigh drive units to us compared to shipping them to the UK for repair
- You can also avoid the added duty that now applies as the UK is no longer in the EU
- We have fast-tracked access to parts
- We offer rapid turnaround times on repairs
- You’ll get a reasonable price for the repair
How it Works
We have two Ishida Multihead Weigher support services that we offer:
- Breakdown support
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Breakdown Multihead Weigher Support
We’ll adapt our support services according to your requirements, but the following is a typical process for repairing an Ishida weigh drive unit:
- Get in touch to let us know you are sending a faulty weigh drive unit
- Send the weigh drive unit to our support centre in Sligo
- Your weigh drive unit will be inspected by our expert team by using our in-house test rig
- We’ll provide you with a detailed quote for the repair
- Once you give us the go-ahead, we’ll complete the repair to the highest standard and in accordance with Ishida’s guidelines
- The repaired weigh drive unit will be returned ready to use on your production line
Service Level Agreement
We can also put in place an SLA covering your Ishida Multihead Weigher, helping to prevent breakdowns and stoppages, while also improving OEE. Improved OEE and fewer breakdowns and production line stoppages mean you will save money over time with an SLA from SF Engineering.
We’ll customise the SLA to meet your requirements while ensuring it is in-line with Ishida’s recommended Multihead Weigher maintenance schedule:
- Performance reviews every six months
- Full strip down and inspection every 12 months
Our engineers will visit your facility to complete the review and inspection processes. We have extensive experience operating within food production environments, so you can have peace of mind that we will follow all food safety and health and safety procedures.
Following the review or inspection, we’ll prepare a report on the parts that need to be replaced. We’ll also provide you with a quote for the parts and a quote for completing the repairs.
Get in Touch
Please get in touch with a member of our team about anything related to your Ishida Multihead Weigher or weigh drive units. This includes if you have a weigh drive unit that needs an immediate repair as well as if you want to discuss an SLA.
To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 071 9163334.